Spreading love

Spreading love

Friday, May 15, 2015

Taking Alabama Gumbo to the screen

Good morning!
 I've decided to write my third short screenplay. It took me 10 days to write 43 pages from my adaptation at Splice Publishing, Alabama Gumbo (https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/486565). At that pace, I could probably write a full-length movie in a month at 100 pages.
For those who read the E-book, I only made a few changes. It was scary how easy and quickly everything came together. (The company where I'll be sending to, however, may have other ideas).
Originally, I thought writing screenplays would be difficult. It's not as bad as I envisioned. It'd be scary if I actually either had guidance or studied screenwriting in college (I still may pursue a Master's Degree in the screenwriting someday or get a certificate).
I'll submit this one next year, with fingers crossed on two fall entries.
Have a great weekend!


7 comments:

Joanne C. Berroa said...

Here's hoping the company you send it to will love it. Someday I want to see your credentials at the end of a great movie!

Victoria Roder said...

Awesome, keep striving toward your goals!

Sandy said...

Congratulations, K.T. You're going to do it.

K.T. Bishop said...

I just need a little guidance and opportunity for that to happen, Joanne.

K.T. Bishop said...

Interestingly, I wrote the screenplays under my real name, JK Jones....

Melissa Keir said...

Sending you positive vibes and keeping my fingers crossed! :)

K.T. Bishop said...

I got confirmation from one organization that they received a screenplay!