Spreading love

Spreading love

Saturday, May 17, 2014

FIXING A SCREEN!

Good morning.......
           I have spent the last 10 days writing the rough draft to my first screenplay.
          After a week at the webinars studying the basics of screenwriting and reading various forms of movies, I decided to give it a shot. I wanted to see where the pages took me.
          At the moment, I'm at page 34 of the film version of Picking Cotton. I chose Cotton because it was my first book to get contracted and rewritten twice. Here's the link to it... http://redrosepublishing.com/books/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=100&products_id=1070
           Since I'm new to this, I opted on a short film version. A film of 30-45 minutes (A TV film with commercials) is usually 45-50 pages.  After I complete the screenplay, I'll put it on the shelf for a month.

That is all......

7 comments:

Sandy said...

I can't wait to see what happens when you submit it. Good luck, K.T.

Joanne C. Berroa said...

Sounds like you're moving right along. Looking forward to seeing it on TV.

K.T. Bishop said...

Sandy, I expect a critique person will slice it....but Pretty Woman was rewritten four times...

K.T. Bishop said...

I'm not sure which medium it would go to Joanne. A publisher friend knows someone at Lifetime TV....

Lee Ann Sontheimer Murphy said...

Very awesome! I look forward to watching it!

Melissa Keir said...

I was at a local RWA meeting yesterday about screenwriting. It sounds like a great opportunity. I wish you much luck!!

K.T. Bishop said...

Screenwriting is a lot different from writing e-books. I'll see where I am when I get the nerve and have someone read it