Spreading love

Spreading love

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Finishing the Screen

Good morning, I just finished the rough draft to my first screenplay, Picking Cotton.
After a month of studying the basics of screenwriting, I embarked on the journey to put together a short film.
In its E-book format, Picking Cotton is a 289-page novel at Red Rose Publishing. I had the herculean task to break it down into 45 pages.
As we already know, movies are completely different from books. The E-book was mildly successful, but I changed a few things for the screen.
After I let the screenplay sit for a few weeks, I may go back and add something else. At the moment, I'm pleased with the movie's overall theme.
That is all, Happy Memorial Day.

5 comments:

Sandy said...

Happy Memorial Day, K.T. Can't wait to see your screen play.

Melissa Keir said...

Happy Memorial Day! I just had a MMRWA meeting with two screenplay writers. It was very interesting to learn about how books and screenplays differ. I wish you all the best!

Joanne C. Berroa said...

Good luck with selling it.

K.T. Bishop said...

It'll be a while before you see it, Sandy. I've got to go through some stuff with Red Rose.....

K.T. Bishop said...

Screenwriting and book writing are vastly different, Melissa. It was such a mental grind....