Spreading love

Spreading love

Friday, October 14, 2016

We're not in Hazzard County anymore!

The transition from book writing to screenwriting has taken an interesting turn.

Monday, I attended my first-ever Film Festival, the CineFlix Festival, held in D'Iberville, Mississippi.
Actor/Director John Schneider, as part of John Schneider Studios, ran the four-day event of diverse movies and documentaries.
Before I go on, yes that John Schneider, best known as Bo Duke on the Dukes of Hazzard TV series (I didn't bring it up to show my age. Plus, I heard he's grown tired to being referred to the old 80's show).
I mainly used the festival as a learning experience to seek out advice from John about the film business.
At the same time, I met another filmmaker/artist named Trent Dion Soto. I also picked his brain about making films.
Their advice was simple: write and get a film made by someone who's done movies before.
Wish me luck in the next step.

7 comments:

Joanne C. Berroa said...

Oh wow you are making progress towards the big time. Here's wishing you much luck in finding someone to make your movie. I see good things on the horizon for you. Keep it up!

Melissa Keir said...

Congrats on your successes. It's a wonderful step in the direction of your dreams! All the best!

Sandy said...

How wonderful! You are amazing. Keep up the good work. Good vibes coming your way.

K.T. Bishop said...

Thanks. My search for a filmmaker probably won't begin until December at the earliest. I've got a few things to take care of between now and November.

K.T. Bishop said...

I'll need the positive energy. Here comes the hard part!

Sandy said...

I have faith in you, K.T., and by the way I love your new photo. It shows how hard you work.

K.T. Bishop said...

Thank you. All I need is a big break!